Finding More Time In Your Day
Finding time is something I still struggle with and try to find solutions to get more done with less. It is something that baffles me. As a leader, executive coach, professor, and a corporate trainer, I still struggle with time management. It is an uphill battle, the minute you have found a system or solution, something else gets thrown at you. I have tried every agenda, journal, system, and strategy. In the process, I have found my own equation to make the most out of my day. Below are some strategies that I have found helpful for me to find more time in my day.
Some simple tips to help you as you plan and drive towards your goals.
- Your calendar is your roadmap: Plan and color coordinate it.
- Morning Rituals are key: Get up, create intentions, and be consistent.
- Delegate. Review. Delegate More: Write top 3 things to do, then delegate the rest.
- Give each task more time than anticipated: Overplan time for each project.
- Use travel time efficiently: Get calls done, listen to a podcast, and catch up on emails.
- Monitor your time: Find your time wasters
- Delegate your email: Get someone to clean that virtual channel of communication.
- Break down your tasks so they are not so overwhelming: Be realistic about your to-do list.
- Journal your thoughts to open your mind: Find one journal that works for you.